Cream Filled Chocolate Sandwiches
guest post by IN Baker
1 1/4 C all purpose flour
3/4 C unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 C sugar, plus more for flattening cookies
10 tbsp (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
1 large egg, room temp
1. Preheat oven to 375 deg. F. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt.
2. Cream, sugar and butter until light and fluffy, but about 2 min. Add egg; beat to combine. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture; continue beating until well combined.
3. Using 1 1/4 in ice cream scoop, drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets about 2 in apart. Dip bottom of glass in sugar; press to flatten cookies to about 1/8 in thick.
4. Bake until cookies are firm, 10-12 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Cool completely.
5. Place cream filling in a pastry bag and pipe about 1 tbsp filling on flat side of cookie. Place remaining cookie on top, and gently press on each to squeeze filling to edges.
Vanilla Cream filling
1/2 C (1 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 C solid vegetable shortening
3 1/2 C confectioners' sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Cream butter and shortening until well combined. On low, gradually add confectioners sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla and beat to combine
Thought we'd start off National Chocolate Week with some yummy chocolate sandwiches from my sister IN Baker!!