taken from 100 Magnificent Muffins & Scones by Felicity Barnum-Bobb
150g/6oz plain flour
150g/6oz polenta/corn meal
2 tsp golden caster sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp coarsely ground black peppercorns
50g/2oz Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
225ml/8fl oz skimmed milk
60ml/4 tbsp light olive oil
- Pre-heat oven 220*C/475*F/gas 7
- Dry whisk the flour, polenta, sugar, salt, baking powder, and ground peppercorns…. basically all the dry ingredients
- Add 25g of the Parmesan cheese the rest will be used as topping
- Mix the eggs, milk and olive oil with a fork.
- Pour wet into dry and gently stir to combine.
- Divide equally into 6-9 muffin cases and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until well risen and firm
These turned out really good!! I timed it perfectly and put them straight in after the chicken came out. They really need to be eaten warm. I tried one the next day and it wasn’t so great. Most muffins need to be eaten on the day! They did stick to the casing so this may be a time I recommend silicone muffin case.
You may be thinking my Thanksgiving plate might be looking a bit on the skinny side, first off I am on a diet, second the plates are bigger then normal plates and last I had seconds! ;0) Tomorrow I'll be posting the best part dessert!! Pumpkin Cheesecake!