taken from All Cakes Considered by Melissa Gray
I'm using my bundt pan again! :0)
2 sticks (1 cup/225g) unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup of sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
4 large eggs (4 medium eggs for UK bakers)
1 tbsp Bacardi rum or other light run
3 cups cake flour (sponge flour for UK bakers)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
- Pre-heat oven 325F or 170C, prepare your bundt pan or whatever dish you choose to use!
- Cream butter on a medium speed and gradually add both sugars, beat well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beat well after each egg.
- Add rum.
- While those are mixing in a separate bowl dry whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together.
- Slow the mixer down to low and add 1 cup of flour, beat. Add 1/3 cup of the buttermilk, beat. When it’s all added in increase speed to medium-high and beat until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into pan. Remember if you’re using a bundt pan it’s recommended to pour the batter into one side and let it slowly fill the pan up.
|batter all ready to go|
|before removing from the pan poke holes in the top (will be the bottom) and pour 3 quarters of the glaze over cake it should seep into all the holes you just poked in it. Which is the whole point!|
|pour the rest of the glaze over the top! done!|
- As soon as the cake is out of the oven poke holes in it.
- Then pour a little less then half the glaze over the cake.
- Let cool in bundt pan for 10-15 minutes
- Unmold the cake on a cake rack
- Cool for 10 more minutes.
- Drizzle the rest of the glaze over the cake.
- Once the cake has cooled transfer to a cake stand/plate/whatever you want to transfer it to. Who am I to tell you what to do? ;0) Enjoy!!
On my other bundt cake post someone wrote that it looks like a pine cone and they are so right!!