- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks; 170 grams, 6 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups (345 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (110 grams) honey
- 1/3 cup (80 grams) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (80 grams) water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Basic Brioche Dough, recipe in previous post
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
|Goo, filling, ready for rolling, all rolled up|
Use a bench scraper or a chef's knife to cut the roll into 8 equal pieces, each about 1 1/2-inches wide. (At this point, the unbaked buns can be tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 1 week. When ready to bake, thaw them, still wrapped, in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours, then proceed as directed.)
|cut and set in goo|
Position a rack in the center of the oven, and heat to 350 degrees F.
Bake until golden brown, about 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool in the dish on a wire rack for 20 to 30 minutes. One at a time, invert the buns onto a serving platter, and spoon any extra goo and pecans from the bottom of the dish over the top.
The buns are best served warm or within 4 hours of baking. They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 day, and then warmed in a 325 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes before serving.
|Yummy Yummy Sticky Sticky Buns!!|