I made these cupcakes for my husband's birthday. I wanted to try yet another Peanut Butter Cupcake recipe. This one was a hit with my cream-cheese-frosting-loving friends but not so much with my family (we don’t like cream cheese frosting in my house!) We still prefer the peanut butter chocolate swirl cupcakes. I really liked the cupcakes though, and would make them again with a peanut butter butter cream. :) ~Janet
1 2/3 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter - room temp
1 ½ cup sugar
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients - sour cream, milk, and vanilla - set aside
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl - set aside
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs to butter and sugar one at a time
- Blend in dry and wet ingredients, alternatively - set aside
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
4 tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Roll into one inch balls
- Place 1 tbsp cake batter into cupcake liner
- Place filling ball in liner
- Cover filling ball with cake batter
- Bake 18-22 min.
3 cup powdered sugar
2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese at room temp
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temp
1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Beat all frosting ingredients until smooth and desired consistency.
- Pipe on top of completely cooled cupcakes.
- Add garnish
18 mini peanut butter cups
Will be shared on Homemade Hoosier 19th June Cupcake Tuesday (button in side bar)