from Kung Fu Panda "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."
A very wise quote and one I don’t always listen too. I spend a lot of time planning and worrying about the future. Sometimes I over think things that have already happened and that I can’t change. I do these things instead of “living” in the present.
But before I start this whole living in the present thing… let’s look to the future for a moment:
1. I’m going to have my first giveaway this month!! I’m giving away one of my favorite baking books!!! Details will be coming soon!
- My sisters and I have created our own The Biggest Loser competition. Whoever loses the most in the next 12 weeks gets $50! So, I hope to share some “healthier” dessert recipes while I win my $50! ;0)
- I took part in a few linky blog posts recently and it was a lot of fun! My plans for the New Year are to find more linky posts to participate in! If you know of any please leave a comment!! (I need to get my butt in gear and partake in United Bakes of America with Cupcake Crazy Gem!)
- There are tons of new books out this spring. It’s going to be tough deciding which ones to get!!
- Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home by Tarek Malouf out February 14th
- Patisserie at Home by Will Torrent out in April
- The Clandestine Cake Club Cookbook by Lynn Hill out February
- Bake it Like You Mean It by Gesine Bullock-Prado out in March
- The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris by Jenny Colgan (novel) out in March!
- The Hairy Bikers’ Great Curries also out in February!!
- I am going home!! For a visit we’re arranging it for May/June time! USA here we come!!
and last but not least … the one thing I am looking forward to the most…
- I have booked myself on Eric Lanlard’s Baking Mad Spring course on my 30th birthday! Oh yeah! Visit his website for more info!!
Baking Mad Spring Course Synopsis:
Students will have the opportunity to
expand their repertoire and improve
their pastry making skills - with three
delicious treats – a Middle Eastern
inspired Light Fruit Cake, a Matcha and
Yuzu Tart and a Valhrona ‘pure caraibe’
Chocolate Mousse on a crunchy
A seasonal lunch with be served with
wine and a delicious pudding.
Students will take home everything they
have baked, along with the recipes, a
Cake Boy apron, a Baking Mad goody
bag, plus a shopping discount voucher
for the Shop at Cake Boy.
Okay now I can start living in the present!! I just have to get over this cold I've had for the past few days. I hope everyone had an amazing 2012! And I wish everyone lots of love and happiness for 2013!!