It’s all my friend’s fault! Sometimes when the girls are in bed I sneak out to my friend and neighbour’s house for a chat and a cup of tea. Sometimes when things get bad it’s a bottle of wine or vodka with apple juice. Don’t judge it’s tough being a mom.
The said friend watches Hawaii Five-O and when I stop over it’s usually always on. Then without knowing I found myself watching it in the afternoons when I have that random hour with nothing to do before the school run. With just an hour it’s pointless to start anything and by the then I have a load of laundry out on the line another in the wash, dinner prepped etc… I could read one of my many books still waiting to be read or write a blog post, but I have found myself watching Hawaii Five-O instead.
Here are the main five reasons I keep going back to it.
1. It’s set in Hawaii.Hawaii is beautiful. Some of the landscape shots are breathtaking. I would love to live here one day!
2. Alex O'Loughlin as Det Steve McGarrettHe's a super smart ex-Navy Seal who is basically a cop ninja. Which makes him sort of cool.
3. Daniel Dae Kim as Chin Ho Kelly
I loved loved loved him in Lost and I love him all over again in Hawaii Five-O
4. EntertainmentIt’s a bit corny at times and even a little far fetched, but it’s entertaining. When I watch TV, which isn’t often, it’s to be entertained. I am always up for a bit of crime drama! The characters are loveable too, you start to care about what happens to them.
5. Did I mention Alex O’Loughlin???
notes: images are not my own, but links to sources are included in the caption.