from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes
guest post ~IN Baker!!
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks*) unsalted butter, room temp.
2 ¼ cups packed light brown sugar
4 large eggs, room temp.
¾ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven 325*F or 170*C and line your tin(s)
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt
- With an electric mixer on med-high speed, cream butter and brown sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated.
- Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of buttermilk, and beat until combined after each.
- Fill your lined tin three-quarters full. Bake for about 25 minutes, rotating your tin half way through.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. (Cupcakes can be stored up to 3 days at room temp. or frozen for 2 months in airtight containers)
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
2 cups sifted confectioner’s sugar (icing sugar)
2 tsps vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk, plus more if needed
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, swirling pan occasionally, until nut-brown colour, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and pour butter into a bowl, leaving any burned sediment behind.
- Add confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and 2 tbsps milk to the brown butter; stir until smooth. If necessary, add more milk (no more then an extra 2 tbsp) a little at a time, just until icing is spreadable. Use immediately
Place cupcakes on wire rack, over a baking sheet, and spoon icing over the cupcakes and let set. Cupcakes best eaten the day they are glazed; keep at room temp until ready to serve.
*1 stick of butter weighs 115g
|Taste Tester! :0)|
|Please refrain from licking your screen please!|