Dear Blog It’s your birthday!
I hope you didn't think I’d forgotten! I haven’t and am writing this post to have a look back at the last year with you!
I thought I would do the usual bakers dozen of links remincising of the past last year.
Where to start? I know, how about where we left off last year….
- Last summer I made White “Witch” Ice Cream for a Chronicles of Narnia competition. It was white chocolate ice cream with home made Turkish Delight folded in. It was actually really good. It was a shame I didn't win.
- I made a week of yummy treats all based on Cadbury chocolates! Like PicnicDoodle Salad, Double Decker Pillow Cookies, Star Bar Cake, Cherry Ripe Cupcakes, and Curly Wurly Brownies.
- We also took a trip up to Scotland to visit family and I made Cranachan Cupcakes while up there! Inspired by the Scottish dessert Cranachan.
- I made my first YouTube video again for a competition, once again I didn't win, but it was an experience and it taught me not to let my husband be the video recorder.
- The Apple Pie Ice Cream I made in the fall was A-Mazing I don’t know why it didn't get more views? Who doesn't want Apple Pie Ice Cream?
- In the New Year I made a resolution to use up the baking things I had in my magical baking cupboard. So, I made Mince Pie Biscuits!
- I made a few cakes for my local Clandestine Cake Club, but the Killer Zebra Cake and a Cherry Garcia Cake were my favorite over the last year!
- FINALLY, I successfully made fried doughnuts!
- Homemade Double Deckers proved to be a bit of a challenge and were a bit chewy, but totally worth the extra effort!
- We had a lot of fun meeting Johnny of Johnny Cupcakes at his 3 year anniversary in London.
- The Brownie Quest I was on is now pretty much over. I found, in my opinion, the best and most versatile brownie recipe ever. Try it and then we can talk.
- I blogged everyday in May which was an interesting challenge. It took me out of my comfort foodie zone and made me talk about different things.
- Last but not least I attended Food Blogger Connect last week and on top of learning a lot of stuff I meet some really cool people!!
This last year was a year of experiences. Not just in my bloggy world, but in my real life too. Growing up is hard to do.
Things will continue to change, because things are always changing. We can’t stop it I've tried! I mean my littlest is starting full time school in September. How did that happen?
I’m also taking a much needed, long-time coming trip home to my family! USA here I come! It will be quiet here in United Cakedom while I am away, but don’t worry I have a few things brewing!
Then when I get back and the girls are settled in school, I will have to answer the big question: What do I want to be when I grow up?
When I find the answer I will let you know!
So, dear blog until next year! Love you, Lisa