Since I started baking at home it is the very rare occasion that I buy store bought cakes and treats, with the exceptions of my girls favorite biscuits here and there. When I bake at home I know exactly what is going into it and I do think it’s important that we start thinking about what it is we are putting into our bodies.
This isn’t just a cookbook, but a text book of information on all sorts of alternative ingredients for the key baking ingredients: dairy, sugar, and gluten. Miss Inman teaches us how to stock our larders/shelfs full of all the ingredients we need to make any of her creations at any time.
So, now that we have the knowledge and ingredients we can start baking cakes, bread, cookies/bars, tarts and pies, raw desserts, and patisserie treats - mostly chocolate, including how to make your own chocolate.
- Courgette, basil, lime and pistachio cake with avocado lime cream and raspberry jam (picture)
- Baked banana, date, and pecan loaf with spiced caramel sauce (picture)
- Dark chocolate dipped peanut butter and jelly dreams
- Chai-spiced oatmeal, raisin, sultana, and currant cookies
- Sour cherry and macadamia butterscotch blondies
- Blueberry Galettes
- Gooseberry and almond tart
- Maple Baked Apple Pies
- Tiramisu mousse
- Chocolate, banana, and passionfruit pie with sticky toffee sauce (picture)
- Pristine Black Forest parfait
- Blueberry lemon mousse cake with scented geranium flowers (cake on cover)
- Homemade chocolate
- Dream coconut ice (picture)
The book is out today! Order your copy online or from your favorite retail seller!