find this recipe on Martha Stewart's site or in her book Cookies!!
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup toffee bits (Heath)
- Confectioners sugar, for dusting (icing sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; butter and flour parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the butter until it turns golden brown; remove from heat, and let cool. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes (do not overbake). Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before turning out of pan onto a cutting board. Peel off parchment paper; cut blondies into 3-inch squares or into suit shapes with 1 1/2- to 2-inch cookie cutters. Just before serving, dust half with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
I omitted the nuts from the orginal recipe and added a second cup of Heath Toffee bits!
~ Indiana Baker aka Janet